Academic institutions are entrusted with the Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and/or confidential financial information of students, faculty, and research subjects. These stakeholders put their trust in their university to safeguard that private information.
Developing and implementing the right policies and procedures and security architecture in accordance with best practices and regulatory guidelines is critical to protect this information and prevent a costly security breach.
True provides the following services for academic institutions of all types and sizes to help universities be proactive and strategic with security.
- PCI Guidance and Planning
- PCI ASV Scanning Services
- Information Security Risk Assessment
- Network Vulnerability Assessment
- Network and Application Penetration Testing
- Social Engineering Security Review
- Wireless Network Security Assessment
- Application Security Assessment
Interested in learning about electronic commerce best practices for colleges and universities? Read the following article by the University of Tulsa’s CIO, Dale Schoenefeld, and True’s CEO, Jerry Dawkins, titled A Guide to PCI Compliance, featuring five tips for complying with the PCI standard and appearing in EDTECH magazine.